Club Med Ixtapa Information
The Club Med Ixtapa Pacific resort is one of the best vacation spots in Mexico. It is located on the Pacific Coast of Mexico, 161 miles north of Acapulco.
The resort is all inclusive and is a perfect family resort where you can bring your babies and children.
It is simply the best destination for Spa, beach, and sports lovers who want to have an unforgettable experience in Mexico. The staff is also world renowned as one of the best hotel staff of any hotel.
Soon you will be able to see why Club Med Ixtapa Pacific is one of, if not the best, resorts in Mexico.
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Rooms
At the Club Med Ixtapa Pacific resort, there are nearly 300 rooms that will give you plenty of room and plenty of options when choosing. Every single room has a flat screen TV, access to the Internet, and very high quality amenities. The newly refurbished bathrooms in these rooms give you a feeling of the 1940s. All of the rooms are very tranquil and peaceful, and you can easily relax your mind and body in them.
The types of rooms you can choose are:
- Deluxe rooms: These rooms have a room for the parents as well as one for children. These rooms have a great deal of amenities, such as Air conditioning, a coffee machine, and in-room safe, a mini bar, a telephone, and a flat screen television. These rooms are cheap, but still very luxurious and nothing short of what you would expect at a great vacation spot such as the Club Med Ixtapa Pacific.
- Club Rooms: This is a step up from the Deluxe room, and you will be able to enjoy more things such as theview of the ocean from your room. The club room has many of the same amenities as the Deluxe room. You can get the club room as two rooms adjacent to each other.
- Suite room: This room is the best room you can get at the Club Med Ixtapa Pacific, but it is also the most expensive. This room includes all of the amenities the other rooms have but also includes a private beach and a higher staff attention to your room and needs.
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Restaurants
Dining in new areas can be difficult for some people, especially for people who are picky eaters. However, the Club Med Ixtapa Pacific resort has a large amount of restaurants and bars that will satisfy anyone. Let’s go over some of the restaurants and bars in the Club Med Ixtapa Pacfic.
The restaurants are:
- El Encanto: This restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and has 5 distinct rooms and lounges that will let you change your surrounding, as you want. The restaurant faces the ocean. It has tables for 2 to 8 people.
- Luna Azul: This restaurant has a very interesting and unique decoration and will offer you original cuisine. It has tables for between 2 and 6 people.
- Miramar: It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. During dinner, it becomes an Argentinean steakhouse, and at other times it offers a grill menu. There are tables for 2 to 6 people.
- Sirena: It is one that is made especially for children. Children aged 2 to 11 years can have access to balanced meals, activities, and entertainment.
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Bars
There are also many bars in the resort:
- Estrella Bar: This bar celebrates the Mexican movie stars from the 1940s. It is open all day in the center of the resort. The bar has a large terrace that overlooks the Pacific Ocean and is air conditioned and very peaceful. This bar has Wi-Fi access so you will be able to browse the internet while enjoying some drinks.
- Perla Bar: This bar is next to the swimming pool, and you can easily enjoy some drinks and then go to the pool to have some fun in the water.
- Miramar Bar: It is located on the beach and will be there for you between activities on the beach as well as just for relaxation.
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Pools
The Club Med Ixtapa Pacific gives you access to a few pools that you can enjoy at your leisure. First, there is the kid pool, which is located at the Petit Club Med. This pool is perfect for kids, with its low height and shaded areas. The main swimming pool is located at the center of the resort. It is a huge pool with loungers, parasols, and showers. If you get thirsty, you can always walk over to the bar, which is adjacent to the pool.
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Amenities
The resort has a huge variety of amenities for you to enjoy on your stay. Let’s go over some of them.
For people that want to keep up their exercise during their visit, or want to just begin getting in shape, there is the Fitness school. These schools have the best equipment and facilities and are taught by quality specialist instructors.
About 10 minutes from the resort, there is the Marina Golf course. This is one of the most famous golf courses in Mexico, and includes 18 holes.
If you have ever dreamed about learning how to sail, the resort offers Sailing School, where you can learn how to sail on a catamaran.
The resort also has tennis courts and a Tennis School where professional specialist teachers can teach beginners. More experienced players can also continue to get even better at Tennis.
The Club Med Ixtapa Pacific also has the Wellness Centre. This includes the Club Med Spa. This spa has 6 different individual rooms and one duo room. There is a zen area with a panoramic sea view, where tea and cold drinks are sold. There is a wide range of beauty treatments and products with natural ingredients. You will be able to relax at the spa.
The resort also has a variety of excursions that you can take part of.
- One of them is a Catamaran and Snorkeling adventure, which is exactly what it sounds like. You can sail on a Catamaran along the coast and then snorkel to discover the beautiful underwater world of Ixtapa.
- The Refugio Potosi Ecotour is a tour of a 7 hectare ecological park, where you will be able to bserve insects, butterflies, iguanas, reptiles, birds, and parrots.
- The Lobster Lunch on the Island of Ixtapa and Snorkeling excursion is a highly recommended one, where you will be able to try a very savoury treat of lobster.
- The Magical Sunset cruise departs from Puerto Mio Marina and returns early evening. Drinks and appetizers will be found on board.
- The Mountain Biking outing is a great excursion where you will be able to bike on the Playa Linda cycle track, through the Aztlan ecological park, and then return in the Playa Linda lagoon.
- The Nature and Culture walk is a half day long walk where you will get to experience many cultural aspects of Mexico, like tasting coconut milk and making your own Mexican bread. Soledad de Maciel is a tour of the “Mecca” of the ancient Toltec civilization.
- You can also Swim with Dolphins, but this excursion is recommended more for children. You can finally do some shopping and discover art at Zihuatanejo.